Sunday, August 14, 2011

About Me

My Poilitical Poistion
I am a Singaporean who has always been concerned with our society. But I was truly encouraged by GE 2011. Both the process and outcome of GE 2011 made me proud to call myself a Singaporean. I am not anti-PAP. I believe that they have done an excellent job in building up this small nation and is still doing a decent job governing this little red dot. However, I agree with the call of the opposition, especially by the WP, for more alternatives in Singapore's political landscape. I think that we can do better in today's complex world and we need a different form of government to be better prepared for the uncertainties of tommorrow. Therefore, my political poistion is that I am not against the men in white but I am for alternatives. THis does not mean that I would not support the PAP. The men in white are currently undergoing renewal. If they manage to find viable alternatives to revinvent themeselves in order to better govern tomorrow's Singapore, why would I not want to support them? On the other hand, if the light blue team or any other altenatives manages to prove themselves equally or more capable to take us further, why shouldn't we allow the men in white to step aside honorably? Whatever it is, what we all want is 'Majulah Singapura'!

My Purpose for blogging
Having been encouraged by GE 2011, and was excited by PE 2011, I challenged myself to being blogging my reflections concerning some of the happenings to and in Singapore. This blog is not a propaganda. It is merely my desire to force myself to think clearler by "writing down" what I see and feel happening to my beloved country.

No comments:

Post a Comment