Friday, August 26, 2011

PE 2011: Why I have to "tan" until tomorrow

It's cooling day. It's time to make some decisions between the Tan, Tan, Tan and Tan. Who is that "wan"tan to be Singapore's next elected president?

I have narrowed down by options to either TCB or TJS. I have already explained why I'm not supporting TT. Here I will explain why I am not voting TKL. He comes across as a sincere person who really wants to serve the people. However, I get the same feeling about TCB and TJS too. Unlike the other two, however, TKL looks and sounds least like an elected president. He also lacks that charisma of a stateman. In other words, he is out of running for me because of his appearance, communication skills and persona. His ideas and policies are also not too far away from TCB and TSJ. In a way, his ideas and policies are in-between TCB and TJS. Therefore, it seems more logical to my mind to support either TCB or TJS. I don' like people who are neither here nor there. Well, this last sentence is perhaps a hint of my current inclination.Hopefully, I will have a "revelation" by tomorrow morning who shall be that "wan"tan to vote for. At the moment, I will have to "tan" (wait in hokkein)!

No comments:

Post a Comment